Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for infection prevention and control in health care settings.
Updated 8/2/21: The Delta variant can spread rapidly and there may be delays in identifying and reporting cases. Currently, MDH recommends eye protection for all health care workers (HCW) in all patient or resident care areas and when providing direct care.
In addition, MDH recommends all HCW wear a facemask regardless of vaccination status when in the health care setting. MDH recommends wearing a facemask during meetings and in the break room unless actively eating or drinking. Social distancing, limiting number of staff in a break room, or eating lunch outside are other recommended interventions to reduce risk of transmission.
- Health Care Worker Exposure to COVID-19
Guidance and resources for health care worker exposure to COVID-19.
- Aerosol-Generating Procedures and Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Action Plan for Congregate Settings (PDF) | (Word)
Sample infection prevention and control facility action plan for congregate settings.
- Enhanced Respiratory Precautions (PDF)
Signage to alert staff of precautions and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Crisis Standards of Care: Personal Protective Equipment
Includes COVID-19 PPE grids for congregate care settings and home-care and hospice settings.
- CDC: Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CDC guidance outlining infection prevention and control measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in health care settings.