CDC's new COVID-19 by County community level recommendations do not apply in health care settings, such as hospitals and nursing homes. Instead, health care settings should continue to use CDC's COVID Data Tracker community transmission rates and continue to follow CDC and MDH's infection prevention and control recommendations for health care settings.
Health Care Facilities and Systems: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for health care facilities and systems.
- Hospital Alerting for Syndromic Surveillance: COVID-19/SAR-CoV-2
Includes notification letter, inclusion criteria, and frequently asked questions.
- Therapeutic Options for COVID-19 Patients
Information about investigational therapeutics to be updated as new information emerges.
- Crisis Standards of Care
Allocation of ventilators, Minnesota COVID Ethics Collaborative, patient care strategies for scarce resources, and more.
- Access to Support in Hospital Settings: Patients with Disabilities and Pediatric Patients (PDF)
- Health Care Coalitions
Communicate any personal protective equipment (PPE) shortages or supply chain issues to Regional Health Care Preparedness Coordinators (RHPC).
Employee testing posters
Posters health care facilities can download and print to promote employee testing.
- Get Tested for COVID-19 (PDF)
- Get Tested for COVID-19 - add facility logo (PDF)
Download and open in Adobe Acrobat to insert your facility's logo.
- CMS: Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS: Administrative Information Memos to States and Regions
CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications, and information. Sort by most recent posting date.
- CDC: Healthcare Workers: Information on COVID-19
Preparation and guidance materials for facilities, including long-term care.
Thank you for your continued partnership. For health care questions, please contact the MDH provider hotline at 651-201-5414.