Prescription Drug Price Transparency
To increase transparency into the pricing of prescription drugs, the Minnesota Legislature passed the Minnesota Prescription Drug Price Transparency Act in 2020, which requires MDH to develop a system for collecting and reporting data from drug manufacturers on high and quickly increasing prescription drug prices (Minnesota Statutes 62J.84; amended by Minnesota Laws, 2021, Regular Session, Chapter 30 – HF 2128 – Article 3, Sec. 5 - 9).
MDH will publicly post information from manufacturers on this website and produce an annual report to the legislature. The goals of these efforts are to:
- Promote transparency in pharmaceutical pricing in Minnesota.
- Enhance the understanding of pharmaceutical spending trends.
- Assist the state and other payers in the management of pharmaceutical costs.
Please refer to this page to monitor progress, access resources, ask questions and sign up for our email updates for news and notifications.
- Information related to the Prescription Drug Price Transparency Act and opportunities for public feedback.
- Related resources from other agencies.
- System for pharmaceutical manufacturers to submit data.