Long-Term Care (LTC) Emergency Preparedness
The tools and resources on this page were developed to assist with emergency preparedness planning for long-term care (LTC) facilities. LTC facilities include nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities. The resources on this page are intended for LTC facility owners, administrators, and staff, as well as others who may assist with LTC emergency preparedness planning, such as health care coalitions.
- Long-term Care Contingency Staffing Plan (TEMPLATE) (DOCX)
Long-Term Care Contingency Staffing Plan Training Webinar (YouTube: 36 minutes)
This webinar was developed early in COVID and alludes to COVID and providing best practices on how to complete your contingency staffing plan.
- Guidance for Long-term Care Testing Plan: How to Effectively Complete the LTC Testing Plan Template to Support COVID-19 Testing
This guidance is paired with the Testing plan template below. It is designed to give you additional considerations, scenarios, and resources as you complete your testing plan.
- LTC Testing Plan Template for Response Plan to Support COVID-19 Testing (DOCX)
This is a template for LTC partners to use in developing their Testing plan. It is designed to integrate with your existing Emergency Operation Plans.
- Long-term Care Testing Plan Template Webinar (YouTube: 1 hour 13 minutes)
Recorded webinar walking through the template and providing best practices on how to complete your contingency staffing plan.
- Long-term Care: COVID-19
Additional COVID-19 related resources.
- Long-Term Care Bed Count Survey
Bed Count surveys by county for various long-term care facility types.
- ASPRTracie: Long-term Care Facilities
LTC resources covering a broad spectrum of Emergency Preparedness and Response information. Ranging from published best practices and lessons learned to templates and toolkits developed from preparedness partners nationwide.
- Guidance – Pre-Planning Efforts Surrounding Nursing Home Residents and Flood Activities
Guidance for long-term care facilities on receiving residents from evacuated facilities.
- HHS TRACIE: Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers
Resources that can help providers and suppliers comply with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Emergency Preparedness Rule.
- Long Term Care Toolkit (PDF)
- Baseplan (PDF)
- Appendix A: CMS Emergency Preparedness Checklist (PDF)
- Appendix B: Hazard Vulnerability Analysis Tool (Excel)
- Appendix C: ICS Organization Chart and Job Action Sheets (PDF)
- Appendix D: Facility Contact Lists (PDF)
- Appendix E: Facility Specific Information (PDF)
- Appendix F: HIPAA Waiver Toolkit (PDF)
- Appendix G: Evacuation Plan and Checklists Transportation Agreements (PDF)
- Appendix H: Facility Shelter in Place Plan. Supply and Equipment Lists, and Checklists.(PDF)
- Appendix I: MOU Templates (PDF)
- Appendix J: Recovery Checklists (PDF)
- Appendix K: Staff Care Plan Documentation (PDF)
- Appendix L: Exercise, Evaluation, and Improvement Planning Checklists. AAR-IP (PDF)
- Appendix M: Regional Contacts and Important Resources (PDF)
- Annex A: Apartment Evacuation Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- Annex B: Behavior Health (PDF)
- Annex C: Bioterrorism Threats (PDF)
- Annex D: Bomb Threat Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Annex E: Chemical Spills (PDF)
- Annex F: Communication Plan (PDF)
- Annex G: Electrical Power Outage Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Annex H: Elevator Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Annex I: Emergency Notification of Administrator (PDF)
- Annex J: Fire Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- Annex K: Heat and Humidity Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Annex L: Loss of Telephone Service POlicy and Procedure (PDF)
- Baseplan (PDF)