Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine Program
MDH, with federal funding, provides vaccine to about 180 sites throughout the state for uninsured and underinsured adults (19 years and older). This program is referred to as the Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine (UUAV) program.
Policies, provider agreement, and annual report
At time of site visit (every 24 months)
- UUAV Program Provider Agreement
The provider agreement is now due every 24 months at the time of your site visit. Your site visitor will send you the link to complete the provider agreement when your appointment is scheduled. If you have any questions please contact your site visitor or email@example.com.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine (UUAV) Program Policies and Procedures (PDF)
Instructions for participating in the UUAV program. Review this document prior to signing the UUAV program provider agreement.
Annual requirements (due by November 30 each year)
- 2021 UUAV Program Annual Report of Doses Administered to Adult Patients
- Your organization’s immunization manager will receive a direct link to the UUAV Annual Report. If you have questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and sign by November 30 each year.
- Order vaccine through the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC).
Order influenza vaccine for the 2021-22 season
- Our process for requesting influenza vaccine is new this year. MnVFC and UUAV providers can now submit their flu vaccine requests directly in MIIC.
- Flu prebook was open in MIIC June 7 - June 18, 2021. If you have not yet prebooked your flu vaccine, please follow the process in our special event vaccine user guide at Vaccine Ordering and Management in MIIC under "Requesting special event vaccine."
- To request UUAV flu vaccine, select “2021-22 UUAV Adult Influenza Prebook.” Any prebook requests submitted after June 18, 2021 will be marked as late and will be prioritized accordingly.
- Patient Eligibility Screening Record (PDF)
Screening record for the UUAV program.
- UUAV Billing Guidance
Sites enrolled in the UUAV program can refer to this guidance for billing purposes.
- Vaccine Management Forms
Returning nonviable vaccine, vaccine transfer record and the vaccine restitution appeal forms.
- Vaccination Clinics Serving Uninsured and Underinsured Adults
Search for clinics that offer free or low-cost vaccine for qualifying uninsured and underinsured adults.
- Minnesota Department of Health Vaccine Programs (PDF)
This flyer provides an overview of the two different vaccine programs offered through MDH.