Mortician and Funeral Director Information
- State Licensing Exam
- Application for Initial License to Practice Mortuary Science (PDF)
- Application for Mortuary Science Reciprocity License (PDF)
- Application for Mortician Emeritus Status License (PDF)
- Request for Letter of Non-Contagious (PDF)
- Certificate of Removal (PDF)
A certificate of removal can be used when there is a change of custody of a dead human body from one entity to another.
- Disinterment/Re-Interment Permit (PDF)
A disinterment/re-interment form is required to be completed when a body is removed from one cemetery with burial at another cemetery; or the body is cremated after the disinterment.
- Fetal Death Disposition Permit (PDF)
Fetal death disposition permit required by Minnesota Statutes, section 144.222. See also Minnesota Statutes, section 145.1621.
Registering a Death
- To register a death, please log into the Minnesota Registration and Certification (MR&C) System. For information about death registration and death certificates, contact the Office of Vital Records.