About the Infection Control Assessment and Response Program (ICAR)
ICAR is a CDC-sponsored program focused on supporting state-driven efforts to improve infection prevention and control capacity nationally.
- Establish partnerships with health care facilities to improve infection control capacity across Minnesota.
- Partner with facility infection preventionists to:
- Assess infection prevention domains
- Identify focus areas
- Provide resources
- Offer ongoing consultation
- Collaborate with infection prevention-focused organizations to offer the best available infection prevention resources.
Participating in ICAR means that you are investing in your infection control program.
You will gain:
- A comprehensive infection prevention assessment that is consultative not regulatory, and at no cost to the facility
- An in-person visit to review the assessment and understand the facility needs
- Tailored resources, tools, and training
- Ongoing consultation with MDH-ICAR infection preventionists
- The foundation of a sustainable partnership for ongoing improvement