Climate & Health
Changes occurring in Minnesota’s climate are affecting our health and wellbeing and will have even greater impacts in the future. The Minnesota Climate & Health Program is focused on improving our ability to protect public health and prevent future harms from climate change.
An increase of extreme heat events in Minnesota is on the horizon — now is the time to prepare and protect health! We recently released a Heat Vulnerability in Minnesota Tool, which is an interactive website designed to help assess community vulnerability to extreme heat. Explore the Tool and don't forget to check out the model heat vulnerability assessment linked on the website that we created in partnership with St. Paul — Ramsey County Public Health.
Climate & Health Impacts:
- Minnesota climate changes and health impacts
- Climate change impacts on food production and security
- Climate change impacts on air
- Climate change impacts on vectorborne diseases
Climate & Health Resources:
- Stories of MDH staff integrating climate change into their work
- Building capacity for using climate projection data