Reports and Geospatial Data
Source Water Protection
Contaminants found in Source Water
MDH is partnering with U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) on a project to test for unregulated contaminants in drinking water sources across the state. MDH is conducting this study to understand where unregulated contaminants occur and at what levels. The results will guide future efforts in monitoring, source water protection, and development of health-based guidance values.
- Manganese in Minnesota's Groundwaters (PDF): a Minnesota Ground Water Association (MGWA) white paper that includes an assessment of the pattern of manganese in groundwater based on existing data sources
- Initial Assessment of Manganese in Minnesota Groundwater (PDF): a technical memo from MDH summarizing the occurrence of manganese in groundwater across the state
Distribution of Radium in Minnesota Drinking Water Aquifers (PDF): radium distribution based on MDH sampling results and other data sources, primarily the 1992 Minnesota Geological Survey report Radium in the Mt. Simon-Hinckley Aquifer, East-Central and Southeastern Minnesota
- Nitrate-Nitrogen Risk Ranking Methods and Results (PDF): methodology to develop the nitrate risk to the water table raster dataset and results at the county level
- Southeast Minnesota Voluntary Nitrate Monitoring Network (PDF): MDH contributions to the 2009 Volunteer Nitrate Monitoring Network Report
- Volunteer Nitrate Monitoring Network: Methods and Results (PDF): methodology for the first six rounds of the Volunteer Nitrate Monitoring Network study sampling
- Southeast Minnesota Domestic Well Network 2016 Data Report (PDF): the latest data and activities involving groundwater sampling and analysis from a subset of wells in the Southeast Minnesota Domestic Well Network
- Analysis of the Cromwell, Minnesota Well 4 (593593) Aquifer Test (PDF)
- Analysis of the Litchfield, Minnesota Well 2 (607420) Aquifer Test (PDF)
Geospatial Data Files
Maps are available as PDFs upon request. Call 651-201-4700 or send an email to email@example.com to request a map in PDF form.