Allina Health Regina Hospital Public Hearing
The Minnesota Department of Health will host a public hearing for the relocation of labor and delivery services from Regina Hospital in Hastings to The Mother Baby Center at United Hospital and Children’s Minnesota in St. Paul, effective Feb. 3, 2022.
Pre- and post-natal care and gynecology surgery services for patients will continue to be provided by the OB/GYN and family physicians at Regina Hospital, Allina Health Hastings Clinic and Allina Health Nininger Road Clinic.
More information is available in the MDH News Release: Public hearing on Regina Hospital’s proposed relocation of labor, delivery services set for Nov. 18 and on the Regina Hospital website.
The hearing will be at 6 p.m. on Nov. 18, 2021.
- Hospital Name: Allina Health Regina Hospital
- Hospital Owner: Allina Health
- Hospital Location: Hastings, Minnesota (Dakota County)
- Notification Received On: Oct. 12, 2021
- Proposed Service Change: Relocation of labor and delivery services from Regina Hospital in Hastings to The Mother Baby Center at United Hospital and Children's in St. Paul.
- Public Hearing Date and Time: Nov. 18, 2021 at 6 p.m. (via WebEx)
The Minnesota Department of Health serves as a facilitator to ensure there is public discussion and engagement for any proposed closure, reduction of services or relocation of services for a hospital or hospital campus as outlined in Minnesota Statutes Section 144.555.
This statute gives MDH the authority to hold the meeting and to inform the public but not to change, delay or prevent the proposed changes, closures or relocations.
- Date: Nov. 18, 2021
- Time: 6 to 9 p.m. Cental Standard Time
- Event Number: 2491 993 0507
- Event Password: PJq5mTbqc68
You can also call in using a phone. To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Toll Free: 1-855-282-6330
- Toll: +1-415-655-0003
- Access code: 2491 993 0507
Captioning services are being provided for attendees via Streamtext: Regina: Real Time Text.
- Presentation slides: 2021-11-18 Regina Hospital Relocation of Services (PDF)
- Transcript of Call: 2021-11-18 Regina Hospital Relocation of Labor and Delivery Services Public Hearing Transcript (PDF)
Submit a Comment or Question
If you have a comment or question about the proposed changes, you can share it by filling out the form at the link below until November 28, 2021.
Comments and questions will be shared with Allina Health Regina Hospital and will be answered during the hearing.